12.28.2010

Over the River...

OK, over the (dry) creek that leads us...



Through the woods..(which are lush and green in the spring...)



To the 'ol fishing hole.
 My "baby boy" Noah taking it easy..


I inched up to the waters edge...



And plop! first cast-2 feet out. Not going to get dinner this way.
 The jig waves it's pretty pink feathers at me from under the water. 



Down stream...



We're in the wilderness (5 miles from town) but came prepared...
Starbucks keeps us going even when the fish don't bite!



My gorgeous sister-in-law Katie and her equally pretty daughter Madison...



Fishing can be beautiful! Love the bright pink bait!




We found this little shelter someone left behind...
My Brother Greg dreaming of the "big" one...


Mr. Wonderful getting his fish on  in between helping me untangle my line...



 My nephew Aiden, discouraged he couldn't get the fire started...



 And then he put his boy scout skills to work and...success!!



Guess who caught a fish?!! OK, full disclosure. I caught my FIRST fish about a week before, but hey...I can still brag, right?








3 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

Sounds like a very fun time was had by all. Congrats on the fish!!
Annette

Uncovered Ruby said...

Way to go Pam! Ok, don't crop yourself out of your fish pictures, display them proudly!! ;-) Wishing you a very blessed 2011..Lisa

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Looks like such a fun outing.Just found your blog and have been enjoying reading over your posts.