7.16.2009

Dear Mademoiselle Pamela,

I came across this large envelope the other day, tucked among some other "childhood treasures." It brought me rushing back to my days in college. I was taking merchandising as my minor and my term paper was on Coco Chanel. I had written to Chanel in Paris (I don't remember what my request was) long after the course had ended, I received a package from Chanel. It would have been useless in a sense, I don't understand a word of French! Inside were pictures of their current (circa 1992) "Collection Haute Couture." On the back of each picture were the design details. (I assume) Someday I may have the letter translated- though I am sure it is a generic response! awww...the dreams of the young and fearless...

2 comments:

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Pam,
Was sure glad to see you at Barn House, it was just so much fun! I'm glad to have your address again!
Thanks,
JOY!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Mele Kalikimaka! Maligayang Pasko!
(still getting around to visit the Christmas parties…since this was our daughter's (LittleMiss) last weekend home before flying back to college today after her flights were cancelled yesterday cuz of the major storms!)

Yours was on "Just Add Glitter and Stir's" list of Christmas in July parties...I know that I'm late...but thought I'd still try to make my rounds and take a quick peek. :o)

...but I love what I see... the Coco Chanel, lavender Fields, vintage bathing suit...

tres chic!

Blessings & Aloha!
Hope you have a bit of time to come to my family’s Christmas memory party :o) We're still partying!