9.15.2009

I am in LOVE!

Is it area rug or a wall hanging? I was shopping at Monticello (my favorite antique haunt) When I spied a curious looking rolled up bundle. It appeared to be made out of thin wood slats...I could see it had a image on it. I unrolled it with a little flip and my heart skipped a beat. The moment I saw the precocious women posing in shades of cream and browns....with just a hint of color, I knew it was mine. It was a rug! I have never really seen anything like it. Could I really walk on it?
See the cream fabric border?
If I wasn't such a lousy photographer and I had a better camera (listening honey?) you could better understand my excitement. Take my word for it- It is a piece of art. So, what would you do? Wall decor or dirty shoes?

3 comments:

Patina said...

Where was I that day? (o:
I think I'd put it on the wall. I'd feel funny stepping on it, or for that matter having others come into the house and stepping all over it.
Great find!

Andy's Attic said...

I vote for on the wall. Who knows what could end up on it if it were "under foot"!!
Annette

Uncovered Ruby said...

That is such a cool find!! I'd definitely hang it on the wall too, why take the chance of it getting ruined on the floor! It looks just voooooonderful :-) Lisa

Oh, I'm liking your sparkly new blog look and Vintage Glam...