9.07.2009

Interview with France's Corey Amaro of TONGUE IN CHEEK...

For those of you who have not yet had the pleasure of meeting blog Author Corey Amaro, you're in for a special treat! She is a gifted writer and photographer- At times direct, but always filled with Witt and charm. Grab a cup of tea and sink into a comfy chair. I promise you'll be enchanted as we discuss her blog, her FH and living life in France.
*****************************************************

Junque Couture Home:

When did you start blogging and what inspired you to do so?
Corey:
A friend of mine started a blog before blogging was a word. One day over lunch she encouraged me to do the same she said, "Now that you have free time you should put your brocante stories down, you won't regret it, do it for your children. Go to TYPEPAD and start a blog." I had not a clue as to what she was talking about. My friend dared me and well I am a sucker for dares.The day I started I was hooked.
JCH:
"Tongue in Cheek...." What is the back story behind your blog name?
Corey:
The same friend who told me about Blogging, said I needed a name for my blog. I was clueless as to what she meant. Since she called my type of antiques, "Tongue in Cheek" because most of my home is full of broken bits and charming yesterday, but peeling today sort of things, I thought I would go with that.Though in retrospect, Tongue in Cheek doesn't say much about France, or French or Antiques. I am amazed that anyone finds my blog online. Tongue in Cheek sounds more like comedy than antiquing and living in France.

JCH:

I dearly love my husband, but American Husband doesn't have the same romantic appeal as French Husband! (FH) Is it a loving moniker or is there something more behind it?
Corey:
Loving Moniker

JCH:

I have often wondered why so many people in France have the same name. Tell us about getting permission to name your son....
Corey:
Up until 15 years ago, if you had a baby in France you had to pick a name, that was on a list at the city hall. Each region had "its" names. A child named Yann for example meant that the child was born in Brittiany. Because Yann is a name from Brittany. If you had a child and lived in Provence, the name Yann wasn't going to be on the list. Sacha is a name from Russia, it also has been on the list of approved names in France for over a hundred years.Times have changed and now you can name your baby any name you like.

JCH: As we speak you are on holiday, Traveling by motorcycle on a amazing journey- traveling along the French Riviera, Genova, Milan- Lake Como....Did you see George Clooney? (I had to ask)

Corey: No, we did not cross paths. Though recently I saw Brad and Angie at the brocante in France. We rode 4600km in three weeks, we rode onward to Austria, Prague, Budapest, through Hungray to Croatia. I am hooked and can hardly wait to get back on the bike again.

JCH:
Brocante...
Corey:
My Passion
JCH:
Reading your blog is like a good book you can't put down. On a recent post you said if " I were to write a book I would call it Park Bagatelle." would "Forever in France" be suitable?( Do you see moving back to the states at some point?)
Corey:
First, if I were to write a book I would want to write about the lives of four women I know and what happened to them in the course of 20 years. The four women are women I met when Chelsea was three months old at a park in France. It is about our lives, and the amazing, strange, fearsome turns that have happened... I would want to write the story in honor of my friends who has suffered bravely at the hand of injustice.Regarding whether I foresee myself moving back to the USA. I highly doubt it, but then I never believed or thought I would live in Europe... Nevertheless I seriously doubt we would move back to live full time.
JCH:
You work has been featured in several magazines. A honor I am sure, which is your favorite piece?
Corey: The story in Romantic Homes about my Godmother's home.

JCH:

Photography or writing?

Corey:

Oh! That is a toss up. I can say I would rather go antiquing than dancing and I love to dance. That is like saying who do I like better my daughter or my son. I cannot decide.I wish I had a teacher, who could teach me more about writing and photography. JCH: When I finally make it France, will you show me the ropes? (as I write that, I think how American phrases could be taken literally..)

Corey:

If you mean a few good brocantes, the best bakery, a favorite place to soak it all in, how to say Oh la la both as a positive and as a negative...yes no problem!

All Photos By Corey Amaro

Corey posts daily on her blog, Tongue in Cheek. Caution: You will be hooked. It will become a obsession to follow the magical life of Corey Amaro. It's a love story with her FH, her children, Her adopted country and passion for brocante. Complete with noisy (obnoxious- do they read her blog?) neighbors.

4 comments:

Uncovered Ruby said...

Very cool. I'm going to look her up! Lisa :-)

MansTouch said...

YOur photos are so wonderful. Nice shot.
____________________
Paris Photography Tours

Anonymous said...

Your interview is brillant !
It's a pretty good sketch of THE Corey I know !!!
I'm so pleased to have clicked across her !!!
Marie-Noƫlle

Anonymous said...

It's amazing, this woman is a nonsense for French culture, she knows nothing about the history of France it is just a private business to make money